Did you start your business to grow yours or someone else's?
10 Tips to a Great Ecommerce Website
Getting Started with an E-Commerce Business - https://betterbiztips.com/how-to-get-started-with-an-e-commerce-business/ - A great article on starting an E-commerce business, however it seems to be overlooking any discussion regarding one of the most fundamental needs for successful E-commerce -- The success-driving foundation of your E-commerce business - YOUR Website!
When it comes to E-commerce, your website serves as the foundation of your online business and plays a crucial role in your success. Opposed to a brick and mortar store, your website online store is open 24 hours a day for more sales. And while the difference between settling for an 'okay' website versus a great website can make or break a business, below are some key points to consider for yours:
1. Stand out on your own: The immediate choice for amateur E-commerce -ers is to run to Shopify, Etsy, Facebook and other “socialized” platforms as the foundation of their business. And while those are imperative discovery sites that can play a vital role in your overall E-commerce strategies, those are someone else’s website! You are sending your traffic to their website, promoting their branding, and building their success – opposed of building your own! Instead, let’s professionalize YOUR business and build you a great E-commerce site to grow YOUR website, promoting YOUR branding, and building YOUR success!
2. Domain name and hosting: Once we complete the build of your new E-commerce, or any website, we handle the registration for a domain name that reflects your brand and is easy for customers to remember. In doing so we also provide a reliable web hosting service that ensures your website is accessible, secure and performs well.
3. Design and user experience: Hire a professional website developer (opposed to Cousin Louie’s Discount Bargain Barn for Websites) to create a visually appealing and user-friendly website design. It should be easy to navigate, with clear product categories, search functionality, and intuitive checkout processes. We ensure your website is optimized for mobile devices as well.
4. Product catalog: We will work together to build a comprehensive product catalog with high-quality product images, accurate descriptions, pricing details, and relevant product variants. We organize your products into logical categories to help customers find what they're looking for quickly and gain more upsell opportunities in the online shopping journey.
5. Secure payment gateways: We implement secure and trusted payment gateways to enable smooth transactions. Consider popular options such as PayPal, Apple Pay, Stripe, and other payment and transaction providers.
Your website serves as the foundation of your online business and plays a crucial role in your success.
6. Shopping cart and checkout: We provide a seamless shopping cart experience that allows customers to easily add items, update quantities, and proceed to checkout without any hurdles. We streamline the checkout process by minimizing the number of steps required.
7. Website performance: We work to optimize your website's loading speed to reduce bounce rates and improve user experience. Compress images, utilize caching techniques, and choose a reliable hosting provider to ensure your website loads quickly.
8. Search engine optimization (SEO): As the former SEO at a major TV network website, we instinctively implement SEO techniques to improve your website's visibility in search engine results. We not only use relevant keywords, optimize meta tags, and create descriptive URLs, but we also recommend measures for updates, content strategies and building quality backlinks.
9. Customer support: We make sure to include your contact information, such as an email address or phone number, on your website. We recommend multiple support channels like live chat or a dedicated customer support system to address customer queries and concerns.
10. Analytics and tracking: Once your new online store is launched and making sales, we integrate website analytics tools like Google Analytics to gather data on visitor behavior, conversions, and other key metrics. This information will help you make informed decisions to optimize your website, product and marketing efforts.
Remember, your website is a reflection of your brand and serves as the primary touchpoint for potential customers. By prioritizing these key points, we can create a great E-commerce website that enhances user experience, builds trust, and drives sales for your business. Once your website is launched we are not done! Building a successful E-commerce business requires ongoing effort post-launch as well. We work to continuously analyze your website's performance, listen to customer feedback, make necessary improvements to enhance the user experience and help drive more conversions.
Needing a great website for online sales? Email info@nashvillewebdesign to build yours!